Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mom's B-day

I was free most of Monday so surprised Mom with a trip to Disneyland for her birthday (Just the two of us). She had a fantastic time. We got there at opening, and didn't get to the car to leave until almost 9 PM. That's twelve hours on the feet for these gettin-old carcasses. I saw Mom with her cell phone out a few times and ask what she was doing. She was calling daughters to see if they could guess where she was. When she called Jo the conversation turned to Jo bringing the kids down after school. They arrived about 4:30. I had fun trying to ambush the kids when they came past town square because they didn't have a clue we were going to be at Disneyland too.
The highlight of the evening was taking Sarah on the "Screamin" rollercoaster at DCA. I thought she might be frightened after the loop and twists. I know my heart was in my throat a few times. She was a real trooper and said next time we will have to do that ride again! Great. We'll do it next time. Jo took pix with her phone and emailed them to me but so far none have come through. I'll post some if I get them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a blast! I don't know who had more fun with the grandkids gampa or me. It was a great bday and I was truly surprised. We had a great day. Thanks, honey

JamieB said...

glad mom got a special day... happy bday gamma

Jennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a great one!

April said...

lots of fun...what a great day.