Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breaking Away

My energies are always looking for things to complete the cabin. We have been back only 16 days and already we accumulated one medium size cedar chest that will make a neat coffee table, a nice old rocking chair, a dehumidifier (Couldn't pass it up for the price), a new gas range for the kitchen (a story in itself), an old mirror with an arched top, two bathroom vent fans, a recessed light fixture for the bumpout, and two almost new toilets (gotten for us by a contractor friend who is doing a bathroom remodel-Thanks Dale). I had to park a buggy outside to make room for all this stuff.

Mom's new in-the-box Kitchenaid gas range for AK.

I hope to decorate part of the loft ceiling with old signs. My favorite: "Explosives" in a diamond shaped sign. I think I found five at yard sales since we returned to Calif. Two different folks who heard what I want them for retreated to their garages and emerged with second signs which they gave to me gratis. If you see any wierd or interesting old signs that cost almost nothing......

6 comments:

april said...

dad: what does an almost new toilet mean? :)

Sarah said...

april....do you really want to know??
I will be on the look out dad...something fun for the kids to do. lol

Mel (AKA Dad, Papa Mel, Grampa) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel (AKA Dad, Papa Mel, Grampa) said...

April: Almost new... They were only used on Christmas and Easter by a little old lady.

Actually... A friend is doing a bathroom remodel on a two year old house. The remodel gets new toilets to match the new bathroom decor. He called me in AK and asked if I wanted them. According to the manufacture date in the tank they are two years old. But the important part is ... Mom has seen them and approves.

la femme elisabeth said...

Jonah has a sign in his room that says "I love Rock Music"...

Anonymous said...

Good, further info while recuperating for summer 2011. Maybe I can find a sign, "DON'T FEED THE BEARS".
Have a good winter.
Sheepish