Friday, September 5, 2008

Second Best?

We are in Portland for a few days visiting Jon, E, Jo, Ava, and Boo. I took Jonah to see Clone Wars. Second time for me. He liked it. When I took Micah there were 11 people in the showing on opening day. When I took Jonah yesterday we were the only two in the theater!!! Us Two! It was a private showing for us. Well, school is in session here and it was a noon showing. We didn't even have to lower our voices when we talked. It was fun.

Jonah wanted to challenge me to Mario Cart, a Wii game racing motorcycles or cart racers.

Jonah: Papa Mel, do you want to play Mario Cart with me?

Papa: Sure, but only if I can win.

Jonah: (after a long silence) How about if you come in second? That's not too bad.

Grandkids are great.

1 comment:

April said...

what a cute story...wonder where he got that competitiveness?