Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We made it home


We arrive home Monday mid-afternoon after almost two weeks on the road. What a relaxing trip! The buggy outing through the NoCal redwoods was fabulous, as always. Here we are parked beneath trees about 350 feet tall. The first two days in NoCal were hot, then the weather moderated to cool nights and just-about-right days for the rest of the trip.



Portland hospitality was right up there too.

I have pix of many of the young grandkids standing on a buggy seat looking through the steeringwheel at me. So I tried for the same pose from Brynne. Much as I tried she would not stand on the seat or grab the steering wheel. She would buckle her knees and slip down to the floor, turn around and do some exploring the opposite direction.


Brynne looks a lot like her mother at that age (not necessarily in this pix) but is taller. She is starting to get that platinum hair. There is also a bit of resemblance to Jonah IMO. She is a climber. She will climb up on the coffee table, up onto the dining room table, up the stairs, get a leg up on our bed and walk around on the mattress, etc.. The first time I held her she had no shyness whatsoever and a little finger came up and gently felt my moustache for a moment, then retreated. I smiled.

I didn't think about the store problems much while we were gone. So it was an excellent vacation. I didn't want to come home.

2 comments:

JamieB said...

glad you had fun...

April said...

what a cute baby in a yellow buggy.