Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nothing of Interest


I know this won't interest most of you, but last night I got yet ANOTHER buggy. This one is somewhat unique in body style. The guy first told me to just come get it. But I gave him a little something for it. He was walking away from his house, had to get rid of it, knew I do restores, said he would rather see someone like me have it if possible.The car is a total mess. I think I have pix of JJ in every buggy so far. It wasn't intended that way, it just sorta happened with the first few buggies by accident. We hope he is able to meet this one too some day.

I know it's ugly. On the positive side it was so unique when it hit the market that Dune Buggy Handbook gave it two whole pages. And manufacture happened right here in San Bernardino in the late 60s. Like I said, It's ugly ...but a swan is in there somewhere. My friend Richard said I should tell people it's a retired Disneyland Autopia car. LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I said honey, "beauty is in the I of the beholder!" It will be beautiful when you are finished with it and I think we should paint it RED. P.

Mel (AKA Dad, Papa Mel, Grampa) said...

Yeah, Both Richard and Carl think it is cool. Enough of that and I will be swayed. Still gotta do the Vaquero first.

Sarah said...

I think it should be purple, like the newest match box car we got ya! You could go with skittles colors instead of m&m's:)

April said...

bela was interested...