Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trace Adkins and the West Point Glee Club

This moved me to misty eyes. Especially the line, "I hope we did not die in vain." That seems especially poignant under this President. When my country called I fought in Vietnam to stop Communism. I will spare you my memories except to say we now have an administration that asks me to embrace principles 58,000+ of my generation died to halt. I hope there is enough of freedom's virtue left in our country so that they did not die in vain.
Click on the title above to link to the performance
.

My name is Mel and I Want My Country Back.

2 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Mel, I too am A Viet Nam Vet and I worry that we are going to hell in a handbasket, Thank God for the silent majority of patriots that do support our great country and live the simple life with family values and are now reaching the age to travel and see what a trule great land we have. Sam & Donna.

April said...

say a prayer for peace...