Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Step Out On the Dance Floor







The rain quit for a week and I got the floor joists installed, and today finished nailing down most of the subfloor. I estimate we are half way to having the cabin "dry", that is, able to keep the rain out so we can work under cover. We have come a long way in six weeks.
We finally got the trailer moved to the property so we could unload the building supplies. We lived in the small forward portion for over two months. I'm a bit tired from unloading 4000 lbs of building materials from the 5er by myself, and hoisting 2000 lbs of plywood flooring onto the joists as well.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hi Mel,
That's a lot of work! I'm glad to see these posts, so I know both of you are doin' OK. I hope the Kidney Stones stay away.....
Wish I could have helped you out, with this project. There's just not enough of "me" left...LOL. Good luck and Godspeed, buddy.a