Monday, August 9, 2010

Man of Constant Sorrows

I woke up this morning with that title from a song from Oh Brother Where Art Thou going through my head. Go figure.

Last Thursday they did the surgery. After nine hours in recovery without much improvement they decided to admit me to the hospital. I spent two more days hospitalized. Then two in a house for out-of-area people next to emergency trying to get back some semblance of normalcy to the organs that had been traumatized. Monday we are back on the floor at Mick and Sherri's home for a few days. I am improved but not back to normal by any definition. Thursday the stint is suppose to be removed. Here's hoping that goes ok. My body doesn't need any more trauma and the clock is ticking on getting the roof finished.

2 comments:

april said...

dad, take care of yourself and don't stress about the house!!! thinking of you and praying for you, too!!!

Richard said...

Good to hear something definitive has been accomplished, with respect to your "stones".
Hopefully, this will do the trick.
Keep an eternal perspective my friend.
Prayers and best wishes to you and yours.
Me