Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Weather Pattern

Some wild raspberries grow on the meadow end of the property. They are delicious.



Two days ago the weather here must have entered the fall rainy period. We get some rain most every day now. Fortunately most of the precipitation seems to come at night, at least so far. Temps are a little cooler too, especially at night, but days are about right for working. I'm back to doing full days, but seem to run out of gas about three o'clock in the afternoon. After some M&Ms and a brief rest I go back to plodding on what needs doing. Most of the work now is high altitude. The roof has trim to finish and about 3/5 of the ridge cap needs to be installed. It bugs my bad knee to ride the ridge to install the cap, but I have to get it done, so I do one piece a day. You can see the gable of the front needs sheeting and then moisture resistant barrier (Tyvek). I have to push the plywood pieces up the ladder while dragging the nail gun along. I must make 50 trips up and down a day. The number of steps for that height is 17-19. The benefit is I had to get out my leather punch and put a new hole in my belt to hold the pants up. I don't have a clue what I weigh. I simply know I am two notches slimmer than in May.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Good job, Mel. Just keep pluggun' along!
You're in the downhill stretch of the roof now.

Wish I was there to help you....We'd be quite a team. We could compare broken body parts to see who should do which task....LOL.

thorman said...

Your place is looking great! When did you and Paulette pull up stakes and move to Gustavus. My Dad and step-mom built the cabin there to the left of the Gustavus Inn. Let us know if you ever head north to Wasilla for a visit. We would love to see you both!

Lord bless!
Sue

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Just think Mel, this winter you will be sitting in front of a fire and saying, you know that wasn't to bad, Your progress has been nothing short of amazing even taking into accunt your health setback, Good job. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.