Friday, February 18, 2011

Progress

We are only about nine weeks away from heading north. In retrospect yesterday seemed like a good day. I made reservations for the ferry to get us back to the top of the world in early May, and back out in late September, and also have the 5er transported across and back out as well. With the ferry running I suspect the barge has less business, and the captain gave me a much better price than last year. That was serendipity. The extra cost is part of having a home up there, and when standing in elation overlooking the river I think worth every penny. The loose ends are coming together. I've been procrastinating on three items. I need to order siding, four picture windows, and a hot water heater. I'll procure drywall and insulation up there some time during summer and bring them across myself on the ferry.

No comments: