Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hawkeye Strikes Again




Tuesday, May 18. I was cutting up a log on our property when Paulette yelled, “MEL, MEL.” I looked and she yelled, “There!” But I couldn’t make it out over the noise of the chain saw and thought she yelled, “Bear.” I looked the direction she was pointing and there stood a moose in the river, perhaps 200 yards away. He heard her yell and was intent on our position, but soon went back to grazing on willow shoots along the bank. Paulette grabbed the camera off the ladder and I zoomed in for this picture.
I measured one of the logs with a tape measure.
The log pix doesn’t show it but the bottom of the tape is even with the bottom of the log. We have three more over 18” trees to fell, perhaps tomorrow.
Paulette found what may be a redneck Alaskan satellite dish. (a 5 gallon bucket lid a neighbor uses to feed the birds his old bread).

2 comments:

april said...

sounds like things continue to go well...but still be careful, k?

Sarah said...

wow! that awesome. yes and be careful!