Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6,

Today has been hard. This morning the fellow who is going to transport the rig called me back. He says he can’t do us for another ten days. (I made a reservation for May 9 or sooner way back in February). I understand his need to flex a bit to maximize load and profitability. But it looks to me like he landed some more profitable jobs so is putting us off. He went so far as to tell me I can find another carrier if I want, and said if I want to reserve a date of the 18th I should give him a deposit. Paulette and I are trying a work around, but won’t be able to get the rig over until the 18th, assuming he sticks to his word given when I gave him the deposit.

Integrity comes to mind. Integrity is based on the word integer, meaning one. The idea is to be the same in dealings all the time no matter what the up or down or situation of life. Someone with integrity lives by one standard, not several.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Great Blog, Mel. I'm reading it and keeping up with the current info on both of you. Godspeed, and that really is a bummer about the barge.....But, what can ya do?