Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday May 11

Second full day of work today. Yesterday rained a lot so I did wiring inside. Today started foggy, but cleared about 11 to a fabulous day. I dug 55 feet of trench for sewer line. I told Paulette I'm not just tired tonight, I'm downright weary.

When we arrived last year the flowers were starting to bloom. This year winter has barely loosened its grip. We see a little snow on the ground in a few places. Today was the first springlike day they have had here. Trees are barely budding and plants sprouting. We haven't seen a bear or moose at all since we arrived in Gustavus three days ago. Not even a track on the property. Very different from last year in that respect. Last year we saw moose almost daily for a few weeks. Moose are due to calve soon so perhaps they will show up once they have babies.

1 comment:

Richard said...

You made it!!!!!?