Tuesday, January 6, 2009

24 (hours that is).

I recently heard a joke. What's the difference between a three year old and a terrorist? Ans: You can negotiate with a terrorist.

Other than an occasional strong declaration of will by Grace yesterday which made me think of the joke above, life was mostly normal.... at least until it came time to pick up toys. Everyone went to bed on schedule and Grace only asked for mommy a few times. In close succession Nora followed Grace's lead by asking for Gammie (much to Paulette's delight). Bedtime was nothing like the emotional upheaval of the previous night. Jay wanted to know how many days until Sunday? He already had it figured out and just wanted some confirmation. He's a great help and very compassionate towards his sisters. We all got a good night's rest. Today looks rainy and cold.

I was a bit tired yesterday so put my feet up and soon was looking at the back of my eyelids. To Grace that meant open season on a vulnerable Papa. She would try to sneak up (I'd feel her coming) and jump on me with great delight. Then retreat until she thought she had the element of surprise again. Great fun.

No comments: