Thursday, January 8, 2009

Norah's Nocturn

Norah isn't feeling up to par since last afternoon. She awakened us during the night with her crying, and seems somewhat better but not yet herself this morning. Nothing to worry about. We consider whatever is affecting her normal kid stuff. None of the other kids are affected. Paulette suspects she is teething.
Grace announced this morning that she doesn't like me. A few minutes later she climbed up on my back wanting a piggy back ride. I guess she changed her mind about me. She just informed us with glee that during her morning bath she went pee in the bathtub. Thanks for sharing that Grace. Earlier this morning when I approached her she said, "Shoo." I laughed. Most 3 year olds would would say "Go Away."
Jayden: Jay has a tough life. Between getting up, ready, catching the bus @ 7:15AM, school, bus ride home arriving at 3:30PM, and homework, TEN hours of J's day is eaten up!!! Factor in dinner and a shower and it's almost time for him to go to bed again. I seem to recall I had way more free time as a kid. Who can blame him for not wanting to go to bed at night. Paulette tries to have a special treat for him when he comes home from school.
Paulette just informed me of an OJT lesson: Don't dress the kids til after they have eaten breakfast. Norah is a chunk for her to lift. Norah just walked by her and Paulette said, Bye Sweetie. Norah repeated the phrase but it sounded more like Bye Seaweed.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

dad---FYI she spells it Norah!! heheee. good to talk this morning.

Mel (AKA Dad, Papa Mel, Grampa) said...

Oops. I just corrected most of the Norah spellings. Thanx.

April said...

i love these daily updates, dad...so cute to hear the stories and catch glimpses of their personalities...can't wait to see them in person!