Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 3.2

Everyone has fallen into routine and the kids are doing fantastic. In fact, I don't think they remember their parents at all! (just kidding). Norah smiles her little twinkle-eyed smile so easily, and does a little jig-skip with one foot in front of the other. She repeats almost every phrase she hears and mimes action done by others, and of recent is speaking three word sentences with relish. Jay does his homework without complaint and expresses his love for his sisters. Grace has the portable DVD player mastered and loves to tease and play hide-n-seek. She has quite a vocabulary for her age. Yesterday she showed up wearing her cowboy hat like it was part of her head. She is learning to do the Hokey Pokey (just part of the corruption going on while the parents are gone). Grace just walked by and I said I need my hug this morning. She replied, "Uh Un" and stayed out of reach. What she really wanted was for me to chase her to steal a hug, but I have the computer on my lap. The two girls are most adorable about 8:30 AM with their hair just done and fresh to take on the day. Morning routine is to follow Gamma into the powder room and beg for a little makeup themselves.

35 degrees here this morning with frost but not a cloud in the sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting. i've been thinking of you guys everyday. sounds like it's going well. give the kids a hug and a kiss from me!