Thursday, January 15, 2009

Little buggers

I skyped Jamie late today to fill her in on some details, and Norah was within view of the screen. One of the benefits of a week with grandkids is they know for sure who we are. Norah, who seems limited conversing with a cell phone, saw me on screen and blurted out, "HI PAPA!" It was enough to melt my heart. Next Paulette heard the comment and came into the room. Norah then exclaimed," Hi Gammie!" Very soon Gracie was half visible behind Norah trying to spy out the situation. Mom and I sang a ditty to Grace and got her to smile. J wasn't quite as communicative tonight but I did get him to grin a few times over spaghetti jokes. This is "crown of old age" stuff a grandparent lives for. Who would have thought a 1.9 year old would be the catalyst in a high-tec encounter.

1 comment:

JamieB said...

she's a joy... i love her little voice.